Open-City 2012 photography competition, in partnership with Architects' Journal, The Photographers' Gallery and Lomography
About the Competition
Open-City is inviting submissions for the Open House 2012 photography competition. This year we’ve teamed up with The Architects’ Journal, The Photographers’ Gallery and Lomography and selected photographs will be published in the AJ and on the Photographers’ Gallery website. In addition, the overall winner will receive a LA Sardina "Govnor" London Edition camera courtesy of Lomography. The competition is open to everyone.
The Brief - Exploring the changing face of London: People and Place
Taking inspiration from the Open House London annual event, focus on the unique way in which architecture inspires human interaction, activity or curiosity. Explore the details that draw people in closer or encourage them to keep on moving. We would like you to submit photographs that portray people directly experiencing the built environment, exploring architecture and the ever-changing face of London.
We invite you to submit up to three images of different subjects that you feel best describe the theme.
How to enter
To submit your photographs to the Open House competition, you must first set up a Flickr account and request to join our Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/openhouselondon2012/ and once your request has been approved, add your photo/s to the group pool for authorization. Once your photo appears in the group pool, add a sentence briefly describing how the image fits our theme. We also encourage you to Geo-tag your pictures using the Flickr map tool so that others can see where it was taken. The winning entrants will be notified via their Flickr account by the end of October.
For full terms, please see below:
Terms of entry
1. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that they have read and abided by the terms and conditions detailed below.
2. Open-City reserves the rights not to accept/publish submitted photographs.
How to enter
1. To submit your photographs to the Open House photography competition, you must first set up a Flickr account and request to join our Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/openhouselondon2012/ and once your request has been approved, add your photo/s to the group pool for authorization.
2. Photos must be high resolution jpegs, not more than 30mb in size.
3. All photos added to the pool must also include a sentence briefly describing how the image fits the theme.
4. Geo tagging is encouraged in our Flickr group.
5. In line with the rules of the competition, only 3 photos in total are allowed to be entered into the competition by one entrant between the opening and closing of the competition.
6. Each photo entered must be of a different subject and you must not submit multiple variations of the same subject.
7. Minor Digital adjustments are allowed, however, Open House reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it feels may have been over edited and as such lacks authenticity.
8. The closing date of the competition is the 12/10/2012.
1. Entries will be judged on three criteria: creativity, quality of photograph and significance to the theme.
2. The Jury (subject to change) for the competition includes The Architects' Journal Art Editor Brad Yendle, Photographers' Gallery Director, Bret
Rogers and architectural photographer Grant Smith.
3. Awards will comprise of 1 Winner plus 4 Runners-up.
1. Winning Entrants will be notified via their Flickr account by the end of October.
2. The overall winner will receive a LA Sardina "Govnor" London Edition camera courtesy of Lomography and both winner and runners-up photographs will be published in the AJ, on The Photographers Gallery website and the Open House website.
3. All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
Copyright and reproduction
1. Photographs submitted to competition must be the original work of the entrant.
2. By entering the competition, entrants grant to the Owners and parties involved a non-exclusive irrevocable license to reproduce, publish and communicate to the public by any means and exhibit their images in all media throughout the world in relation to the competition.
3. The ownership of the copyright in images submitted will remain yours and you are free to republish it wherever you wish and in whichever medium you wish.
4. Your name will be published alongside your entries published in the AJ and on The Photographers Gallery website.
5. We may cut, edit or arrange your photograph/s where we see appropriate to appear in print or on-line. Your comments submitted with entries may be edited or deleted.
6. Please note that selected photos entered into the competition may be uploaded by Open House to our website for all to see. Submitted photos may also be used in future Open House publicity as some of last years entries have been used in the publicity for this years event.
1. All entrants agree to the use of their name and work for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity of the Competition.
1. The owners regret that they cannot accept liability for any loss of any image entered.
2. The owners regret that they cannot except liability for the misuse of images and/or failure of any third party to comply with the competitions credit guidelines.
1. Any personal data submitted by you will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation.
44-46 Scrutton Street
London EC2A 4HH
By telephone: 020 3006 7008
By fax: 020 7377 6972
For all general enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org